Every year a new color is proclaimed as the color of the year. Here I will give you what the industry is saying and also my own observations for color trends in Omaha for 2022.
The various paint manufactures have their own opinion on what is trending and each has their own choice for color of the year. Everyone has their own opinion. There isn’t ONE color of the year. The same can be said for what is trending.
If you do a search for color of the year or what is trending you will see many results.
The color of the year:
- Pittsburg Paint- Olive Sprig
- Benjamin Moore- October Mist
- Behr- Breezeway
- Valspar- 12 colors they couldn’t pick just one I guess.
- Dunn Edwards- Art and Craft
- Pantone- Very Peri
- Glidden- Guacamole
- Sherwin Williams- Evegreen Fog
What is trending is different depending on where you live. East Coast, West Coast… Nationwide the color trends for 2022 is as follows.
- Greens and gray with yellow undertones.
- Blues and green, with gray undertones.
- Pinks and peach and deep brick tones.
- Violet, Lilac and Deep berry are new.
- Clean bright primary colors as accents.
Here in Omaha the color trends are earth tones and whites for exterior colors.
Front door colors are going more toward something bold like bright yellow, red, blue.
Interior colors are all over the place. As varied as peoples personalities. Accent walls are still popular in Omaha and the surrounding areas.
On cabinets we have seen a shift from the Whites (which are still popular) to blues, greens and very dark colors like blacks and very dark blues. Last year many people were having their cabinets painted white and doing something completely different on the kitchen island. Usually a darker color. This is less popular this year.