Roll Like A Pro


By roll I actually mean rolling a wall and not how you carry yourself throughout the day.

When painting a room or the exterior of your home for that matter the typical choice of paint frame is the classic 9″. These are commonly found in all home improvement and paint stores. The quality of the frames offered runs the spectrum. Very cheap to contractor grade. I encourage people to always buy the best quality when it comes to tools. It more then pays for itself. Like the quality of the frame is the quality of the cover. Spend some money for a quality cover. A quality 1/2″ nap cover will be money well spent. When done clean it and use again in the future.

Another consideration when picking a paint frame is the 14″. Not a big as an 18″ which is typically used on floors and can prove unwieldy when used on walls. The 14″ frame is my preferred size. The motion when painting is the same but your coverage is much better. Only drawback in my opinion is you will have to roll out of a speed bucket and not out of a five gallon bucket which is the choice of most paint contractors.

We of course use both 9″ and 14″ frames. Wennie rollers and 18″ frames too. On most jobs we will break out a wennie roller, 9″ and 14″. All are used depending on the need.

It’s amazing what coverage and speed you can get when handing a 14″ frame/cover to someone that knows how to swing one. It dramatically cuts to time to do a job and I think the results and finish is better. I actually got the title of this post from a customer. She was amazed at the size and speed of a 14″ frame ans said “you roll like a pro”. Ha ha.

On your next project consider trying a 14″frame/cover. You too can roll like a pro!

Residential Painting

Get a fresh new look for your home

More Info

Commercial Painting

A commercial property must always portray its best qualities

More Info